THIS TRAINING IS ONLY FOR GENERAL PRACTICE STAFF WORKING IN HARINGEY AND ISLINGTON.
To register, follow the link provided:
It is a common expectation that healthcare staff will have sufficient knowledge and skills to be able to recognise and respond to signs of clinical deterioration. Where healthcare staff can anticipate, identify and respond to patient signs of clinical deterioration they can prevent further decline that might otherwise culminate in cardiorespiratory arrest. This training will support you to have these skills and knowledge.
This class room based basic life support training is for Clinical General Practice staff working in Haringey and Islington.
– To understand national guidelines and local resuscitation policies and procedures
– To be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response, which may include management of chokingand the use of the recovery position, in accordance with current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
– To be able to initiate and maintain effective chest compressions in accordance with current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
– To know how an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) can be operated safely and appropriately
– Understand the importance of undertaking any resuscitation interventions within the limits of their personal capabilities and context of any previous training received