THIS TRAINING IS FOR CARE SUPPORT WORKERS, HCAS, CARE NAVIGATORS, ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF AND TNAS WORKING IN HARINGEY AND ISLINGTON
To register, please send an email to;
There is now a greater recognition that Care Support Workers, HCAs and administrative staff can be a valuable addition to teams delivering the vaccination programme. Given the necessity to deliver very large numbers of adult Flu vaccine in a short time period every year, and the fact that Shingles and Pneumococcal vaccines are often opportunistically given to older adults at the same time as the Flu vaccine.
The minimum standard of training will be delivered to staff capable to administer Influenza, Shingles and Pneumococcal vaccination to adults.
*If you are a GP or trained nurse and looking for Immunisation training this programme will not be suitable for you and you are required to undertake the 2-day immunisation core training, there is also a half day core training update available if you have already completed the core training. Please register your interest and we will provide you with dates for this training.
- Attendees are able to give a high standard of care around immunisations
- They are able to provide accurate and up to date information about the relevant diseases and vaccines to their patients
- They will be able to demonstrate competence in administration and recording of influenza, Shingles and / or pneumococcal vaccinations
- Attendees will be able to demonstrate competence in recognition and management of anaphylaxis and basic life support
- They will be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate management of adverse reactions
- They will be able to demonstrate understanding of their role around vaccinations and limitations.
- They will understand the process for referral where further information is required for patient needs