THIS TRAINING IS DESIGNED FOR GENERAL PRACTICE NURSES WORKING IN CAMDEN, HARINGEY AND ISLINGTON.
This workshop is designed for General Practice Nurses who wish to be more effective in their diagnosis and management of individuals with atrial fibrillation (AF).
AF affects about 1.5 million people in the UK. It can double the risk of death at any age and is a major cause of stroke – yet often remains undetected.
Interactive lectures and practical sessions delivered by expert practising clinicians will ensure that you have the knowledge and practical skills necessary for the early diagnosis and effect treatment of this arrhythmia, enabling you to reduce the risk of complications and support your patients in their management of this condition.
Breakout sessions and group discussions will enable you to learn in an informal and supportive environment.
You will learn to…
- Recognise the impact of atrial fibrillation
- Discuss the physiology of the ‘normal’ heart and the pathophysiology of AF
- Identify causes, risk factors, symptoms and complications of AF
- Understand the impact of AF and related diagnosis techniques
- Assess stroke risk in people with AF
- Implement national guidelines to effectively manage patients with AF using tools such as GRASP-AF
- Treat AF symptoms and use anticoagulation (including newer therapies) toreduce stroke
To register send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with you name, job role, organisation and borough.