It is understandable to feel worried at this time.
The changing patterns of working and living are very stressful. Staying at home for a prolonged period can be difficult, frustrating and lonely for some people. It is important to take care of your mind as well as your body and to get support if needed.
Try to manage how you follow the outbreak in the media. If you can, avoid reading, or posting, speculation.
The most up-to-date and reliable sources of information are from the
NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ and GOV.UK https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you find yourself trying to cope with extended periods of anxiety or stress then speak to your doctor.
GPs are offering telephone consultations – check with your GP surgery
Fortunately, there are some simple things we can all do to help ourselves and others stay healthy and well.
- MOREYOGA would like to thank the NHS for their incredible work and to support them by giving them free online yoga, pilates, fitness and meditation classes. CLICK HERE
- OXFORD MINDFULNESS CENTRE – Free mindfulness classes for the public. CLICK HERE
- CHATTER PACK. A list of free, online, boredom-busting resources! CLICK HERE
- NHS APPS has a list of up to date apps, search under ‘mental health’ to bring up relaxation, anxiety and low mood apps. CLICK HERE
- MIND Website has relaxation exercises. CLICK HERE
- CALM provides many free resources on this page. CLICK HERE
- HEADSPACE APP can also be downloaded for free. CLICK HERE
- NHS x FiiT (Fitness Training App) Free for 3 Months for NHS Staff. CLICK HERE
- ANXIETY UK provides general advice plus a helpline. CLICK HERE
- MIND HEART: For those who have contact with young children there is a good workbook that is designed to help them understand what is happening. CLICK HERE
- EMERGING MINDS has a website with many links to resources suitable to use with children of all ages. CLICK HERE
- ANNA FREUD CENTRE has a webpage with sections for young people and carers, advice and links to other websites. CLICK HERE
TRAINING AND OTHER RESOURCES
- Recommended PPE for primary, outpatient, community and social care by setting, NHS and independent sector. CLICK HERE
- Guidance on SYMPTOM CONTROL using non-oral, non-parental routes of medication administration during COVID-19. CLICK HERE
- End of Life Care COVID-19 LEARNING PATH contains sessions relating to COVID-19 that are relevant to those working with patients with palliative and end of life care needs. CLICK HERE
- ACADEMY OF FAB STUFF QI Evidence Update – March 2020, CLICK HERE
- A PLAYLIST has been created due to demand from GPs from across the UK for a couple of videos I recorded to help teach others how create offline Fit Notes and blood test request forms in EMIS Web and text to patients using accuRx. CLICK HERE
- E-LEARNING FOR HEALTH website that is run by Health Education England has put on a number of training programmes. CLICK HERE
- NCL CCG COVID-19 HR update: Health and Wellbeing. CLICK HERE
- RCGP published CPD resources for Covid-19. CLICK HERE
- WHO leaflet, helping children manage stress during Covid 19 outbreak. CLICK HERE
- Contraception and Sexual Health – Offer ORAL contraception from the surgery if appropriate. LARC use extended. CLICK HERE, https://www.alleast.nhs.uk/ Self-referral, Telephone appointments only no walk-in clinic, STI Screening (www. SHL.uk) for home testing kit – if symptomatic also to book telephone appointment with All East, Emergency Contraception – Oral – surgery can issue or pharmacy under PGD or alternatively self-referral to All East for both EHC or IUD
- Antenatal Services – Advise self-referral through online form CLICK HERE, Or alternatively surgery can refer the patient via eRS, All pregnant women should still receive the pertussis vaccination (at 16 to 32 weeks gestation) – in surgery or at ANC
- Termination of Pregnancy – BPAS https://www.bpas.org/, Patients can self-refer by phone or online – BPAS offering surgical TOPs at >10/40 and also offering medical TOPs with “Pills by Post”.
NEWHAM TRAINING HUB WEBINARS
MINDFULNESS AND RELAXATION LED SESSIONS